The District of Saanich is a municipality within the Greater Victoria area on Vancouver Island in British Columbia,. The population was 109,75hj ]=2 at the 2011 census, making it the most populous municipality in the Capital Regional District and Vancouver Island, and the eighth-most populous in the province.
Did You Know?
- There are 2,855 farms on Vancouver Island including 991 in Greater Victoria and 700 in the Cowichan Valley.
- There are 330 tech companies operating in the downtown core, most of them are invisible to the average passerby.
- Victoria’s waters are home to three resident pods of orca whales, totalling over 80 mammals.
- There are 63 km of marked, buffered and signed bike lanes and trails in the bike network and is considered Canada’s cycling capital.
- TripAdvisor currently has reviews of 1,107 Victoria restaurants.
- Victoria has the highest vegetarian food sales per capita in North America.
From the May/June 2015 edition of Eat Magazine, Victoria, BC.